i

i

Monday, July 31, 2017

Juliana

How can it be. how can it be. August!


I want to let you all know that I'm of good health. I hope you got a kick our of my other letter, knowing that I'm healthy and happy can help us all put behind us the embarrassing stories from the mission:)

How can it be. how can it be. August!

This was one lonnnng week. I will be honest and tell you that it was a week of trials and lots of walking in the hot sun. They told us in May that winter would arrive in June. In June they said that certainly winter would arrive in July and now they are saying, 'It's official, winter arrives in August.'

I think they don't know what they are talking about, I just wait and see what happens! For now, I'll be using sandals.

I'm loving this area, in spite of the fact that many of our pesquisadores decided that they didn't want to hear more about the gospel this week. It was hard to hear that and we worked super hard to find new people to teach. Everything was going a little bit sideways when Saturday rolled around and our baptism almost didn't arrive for her baptism we got a little worried.

But as she left the water the relief on her face was visible. Juliana.
When she entered the bathroom soaking wet and freezing (because the water heater broke. oh Rio Grande do sul) we hugged her and cried with her in joy. She just said "I'm so happy." over and over.

Then Sunday morning rolled around and the presquisadores starting rolling in too! The church was filled with people and the spirit was so strong. I just couldn't stop looking around and think, what a blessing. What a blessing!

The Lord is Good. And it's the only thing I can say.

Love you all,

Sister Hemmert

No comments:

Post a Comment