i

i

Monday, July 24, 2017

His Love For Me Must Be Great!

This letter was actually sent to Ashley as a personal letter, but the message is so spiritually inspirational that she would like to share it with all of you. 

Relief Society: I know that the Liahona from a few months ago was dedicated to the RS. You could look at a few of the articles and see what they say! (On your ipad you can pull up the liahona) but I suggest you buy a subscription for our house too!

****During the mission I have grown to love the RS. I have been able to see how it truly has an impact on the world. Even in the little things as visits and warm hugs and smiles. The women in the RS have a strength because of the gospel.

I had a cool experience the other day in the RS class also. I remember in the beginning of the mission it was really hard to understand the classes because everyone talks differently and quickly. I tried as best I could to participate but most of the time I could only listen and try to understand. 

What did I see during this time observing you might ask?

Women of God. Servants of a King and Daughters of the Father. 
Many times as you observe you will recognize the strengths and weaknesses of others. You will see how people vary one from the other. You will also recognize how every person looks at the world a little bit differently from the other. But as I sat listening for months I began to see a special difference in these women. 

They come from different backgrounds, have different ages, and live different lives, but as in a graphing process the women in the RS follow the same wavelength or pattern. The same path. They have the same goal: Eternal Life.

To reach this goal they don't talk bad about others, or excluded one another. They don't see the weakness in others (and if they see these weaknesses) their only goal is to strengthen their sisters.

This is done, as I said, through the simple things. Visits and hugs and smiles. Kind words and quiet gestures. Tender mercies. 

They other day I realized, as I was commenting in a RS class, that I had reached a point that I could not only understand these women and hear them but that I could help and participate in their discussions and teach them with my own words in their language. 

I feel truly blessed because of my mission. Truly blessed to know that I am a daughter in the kingdom of God. That He provided for me this opportunity is sometimes unimaginable. I think, ''His love for me must be great. Who am I to deserve all this?'' Then I remember what I learned and learn in the RS. I remember who I am. Truly. And who I can become. 

I invite you to think on this and remember that you too are His child and have a great potential. Trust in Him and His promise;

D&C 50: 40 Behold, ye are little children and ye cannot bear all things now; ye must grow in grace and in the knowledge of the truth. 41 Fear not, little children, for you are mine, and I have overcome the world, and you are of them that my Father hath given me; 42 And none of them that my Father hath given me shall be lost. 43 And the Father and I are one. I am in the Father and the Father in me; and inasmuch as ye have received me, ye are in me and I in you. 44 Wherefore, I am in your midst, and I am the goodshepherd, and the stone of Israel. He that buildeth upon this rock shall never fall. 45 And the day cometh that you shall hear my voice and see me, and know that I am. 46 Watch, therefore, that ye may be ready. Even so. Amen.

Love,
Sister Hemmert  

No comments:

Post a Comment