i

i

Monday, October 31, 2016

"Eis que terminaremos a luta" (Here we will finish the fight)

This week the emails were a bit of discussion on Sister Hemmert's choice of when she will choose to return home: 

First email: So they don't have a transferenica sending missionaries home in September next year. Only in August or October. 

I'm going to think about it because if I go home in August it means I can start fall term. But I think it will be like the last week in August so I wont have much time at home, or anytime at home. idk. or I'll go home in October and miss fall term.

Either way I think we need to look into the stuff for school. I don't know when I need to start applying. I just remember that I started this process around this time of the year. 

What do you think? 

Second email, in response to me expressing my love and support in whatever she decides, although 14 years is NOT OK...:)
Thanks momma. I needed to hear this. I'm so excited to chat with you in December! I think it will be a good refresher for me:) I think I will pull an Ammon and Alma and stay serving for 14 years then ;) JKJKJK!

Final decision email, Be Still My Heart: 
I'm having a lot of mixed feelings, and I will talk with my Presidente but I think I need to stay until October. It's a really hard decision because I will not only be missing time with Ashers and you all, but I think if I come home in August I wont be fulfilling what I need to do here. 

To be honest this week was really hard. Im missing you all a bunch and I dont feel entirely certain or prepared for my decision but I was reading a lot today and yesterday in Alma. Alma 41-45. Also Acts 20. I love these chapters. I really love Alma 43. Its a chapter that is really sad but also really powerful because these people they were so small in numbers but were fighting for such a better cause. They were fighting for their freedom and their families. Their religion and their God. I felt like I was fighting everyday this week but still unable to see any of the fruits of my labors. But I know that I am in the Lord's service. I know this. I need to believe it. And I feel it in my bones. And because if this I know that He is working with me. Laboring at my side. And as it says in Alma 44:5. For me this work is worth the costs because it isn't just about me but it is about you all at home. It is for you and the boys. It is for our family. Our freedom. Our religion. Our God. 

Maybe I don't know what awaits me or how I will do this (Acts 20:22-23), how I will face the challenges that await (Acts 20:24) "But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God."

The Apostle Paul served for three years and a lifetime at the Lord's side. Acts 20:31, "Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears." 

Acts 20:35, "I have shewed you all things, how that so laboring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive."
It is more blessed to give than to receive, said Him who gave His life for me. After this, the Apostles knelt in prayer, biding farewell to their friend, accompanying him to the ship. 

So, I knelt in prayer. And I hadn't said a single word when a scripture entered my mind. "Eu Irei e cumprirei os ordens do Senhor." 1 Nefi 3:7  "I will go and do." 

And just to confirm all of this. Minha companheira picked "Vinde Ó Santos" number 61 the Português Hinário. Tudo bem. (Come Come Ye Saints. All is well.)

Still this is hard decision I am making. It means that I still have a year before I see you all again. But I know that I have something I need to do here. I have a labor to complete. And I want to complete it with Joy. I want to complete it for you and our family. For our freedom and our God. Alma 44:10 "Eis que terminaremos a luta." (Here we will finish the fight)

So, this is my decision. I will be staying mais uma transferência (another transfer) until October. I don't know what you think. If you think it is possible. I know that I will be asking for more help to accomplish this, but I know that we all will receive because of what we are giving. And I'll keep talking with Deus (God) to find out if He will change His mind, but I don't believe He is a changeable God. And thank goodness that He isn't, because we wouldn't have so many blessings if He was. :) 

I know that He is transforming me into an instrument in His hands. I know that through me He will work a work maravilhosa for the children of men. And the least i can do is try everyday to be "digna" worthy of the confidence He has in me.

Então. É isso. Eu vou ficar até Outubro! (So. It is. I'm going to stay until October.)
Bah. Português:) Como eu amo. Sabe que é bem mais fácil falar em Português do que Inglês? ;) 
(How I love. You know it's much easier to speak Portuguese than English) 


All my love, 
Sister Hemmert

No comments:

Post a Comment