i

i

Monday, December 12, 2016

We Will Make A Difference!


Its official gente! 9 months down, 9 to go!! Vamos! (Let's go!)

In just a few days I will have my first Christmas here in Brasil. It will also be the last Christmas I have on the mission! haha! Sounds strange. 

I received the packages from the fam this week! I was so excited to receive the voice recorder from Dad. It was such a Dad present, with his handwriting and instructions written above the factory instructions! Excited to use it!

This week was great! We had the opportunity to work with our Sister Leaders. Every transfer we have to do a division with them so that they can know how we work here and so that they can help us, mostly they just leave our apartment messy;) 

I got to share with them Poptarts! One of the Sisters from the USA almost cried;) haha She is such a sweetheart!

I'm starting to pick up more that just the accent here in the south but also the sass from my companheira. Everyone says that I'm turning into her! haha! Sadly, she will mostly be headed for another area at the end of this transfer! So glad I could spend so much time with her, learning and laughing and até o pó! (eating?) :) 

I got to share with one of our pesquisadoras a lição (lesson) very special. I was in division with a young women from our ward, Dhulyara, visiting Luzilanha. I don't know why but sometimes in division i get really nervous. I think it's a companionship thing haha jk! So i shared with her Ether 2:24 when the Lord ask the brother of Jared what he desires that the Lord will do for him. Que desejais que eu faça? 

The Lord knows that we can do anything with His help. He is willing and ready to help in our lives, we have to start doing our part, demonstrating for Him that we are willing and ready to work at His side, knowing that, 2N18:19-20, everything we ask for in righteousness in the name of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, we WILL receive. 

This week we had a treinamento with our Zone and talked about three things important that we have. Revelation, Authority, and Power. They asked how we can use these three things together. I responded that in order to receive revelation for our lives and those we serve we have to seek it, we already have the authority as missionaries to receive and work here for them, but in order to have the power that comes with authority we have to do something different. The moment we stop praying we have to get up off our knees and we have to start acting. The Lord wants courageous sons and daughters, so, we have to starting working. we have to starting exercising the power He gave us as His children. And with it, we will make a difference.

This is it! Love you all! 


Sister Hemmert

No comments:

Post a Comment