i

i

Monday, December 26, 2016

I'm a Treinadora!

Happy Holidays! Feliz Natal! 

If you haven't heard it yet from my momma, I'm a Treinadora! I'll be training a new missionary! Yay!!  

Right now I'm in Porto Alegre. It only took 7 and a half hours to get here and 2 buses, but we arrived! Safe and sound! I spent the whole time talking with a Sister Smith (born and raised in Bend, Oregon! From Utah now) and planing how we will spend our time after the mission doing all the hikes in Oregon and Utah.

I'll be staying here for a few days, working with the Sisters from Ala Dois (2nd ward), waiting for my new companion. It looks like only 2 Sisters will be arriving! 

To be honest I don't know how to train any but I'll do my best! It's going to be an adventure for sure! 

Right now I'm serving with a Sister Melo, she is amazing. From Natal, Brasil. A few months ago she had to go home because she had a brain tumor, but she is back and ready to do miracles! She already is one! Wish I could stay with her for the whole transfer! haha But as it works out we will both be training at the same time. We're super excited.

This week was my last week with Sister Abdon, but guess what? She'll be staying close by! She'll be in Bagé still, but Presidente closed an area of Elderes and will be opening with Sister Abdon and a Sister Wright! She says that I have her number and can call whenever I need her, plus I'll see her every Thursday! She also says that she has my number and she'll call to bother me everyday! :) love her! 

We had an amazing time this last week together. We spent it caroling for everyone and gather a bunch of food to donate to some of our pesquisadores and membros with necessity this Christmas. We spent Christmas day with Irma Solange, who's son Christofer left for the mission just a few weeks ago. It was a simple Christmas lunch that ended perfectly, we were singing for her when we recieved a call from our Presidente, "Sorry Irma! We need to take this!" It was that moment when we found out that a Sister Abdon would be transfered and I would become a Trainer! Afterwards our day became super messy!

The Presidents assistents starting calling and saying that since it was Christmas weekend all the tickets were bought for Porto Alegre and we would have to leave Sunday night as early as possible and that maybe we wouldnt be able to talk to our families (I was like umm não por favor! haha) It ened up that we would have to leave 8pm for Pelotas, stay the night and afterwards ride to Porto Alegre in a van filled with missionaries!

We ended up talking with our families and I learned that I cant speak english anymore. So that was cool. Hope my family understood me! I don't even think they asked me any of the questions they wanted to because I spent a bunch of time just trying to explain that I would be leaving Bagé only to come back in a few days. #giftoftonguesgotreal 

But I was glad to see them, and I think the most wonderful moment was when I read, Moroni 10:34. The last verse of the Livro De Mórmon. What a blessing it was to share with my family that moment. I finished the Book of Mormon for the second time in my life straight through, but this time in Portugues. I will never forget the feeling I had as I approached those last words. 

 34 E agora me despeço de todos. Logo irei descansar noparaíso de Deus, até que meu espírito e meu corpo tornem a unir-se e eu seja carregado triunfante pelo ar, para encontrar-me convosco no agradável tribunal do grandeJeová, o Juiz Eterno tanto dos vivos como dos mortos. Amém.

34 And now bid unto all, farewell. soon go to rest in the paradise of God, until my spirit and body shall again reuniteand am brought forth triumphant through the airto meet you before the pleasing bar of the great Jehovahthe Eternal Judge of both quick and dead. Amen.

I know with all my heart and soul that this is the only true and complete gospel on the Earth. This is the work of the Lord. A rolling stone cut from the mountains without hands, and it can not be stopped, because it is true. The Book of Mormon is true, simply true, grandly true. It was translated by a Prophet of God, Joseph Smith. He was not a perfect man, but he was a man led by God so that I could, as well as my family, with millions of others, receive the Lord's word and Church in my life. I know that this is the Church of God, this church, carries His Name which is the name of Christ. I know that He lives. He was sent to save His brothers. He was sent to save me. And as His church carries His name, I do also. Not just on my name tag, but every day more I carry His name in my heart. Im so grateful and feel so blessed. In His name, Jesus Christ, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment