i

i

Monday, June 27, 2016

I Am a Part of the Fellowship of the Unashamed


Milagres
This week was crazy to say the least. We ran all over the place trying to contact people to have lessons with members. Every day we crossed the city at least a 5 times. Arroio Grande isn't a big city and doesnt have too many hills, but my goodness, when you have one appointment in São José and one in the Promorar it gets pretty crazy! Let me tell you. It's a least an 45 minutes of walking! We actually called and asked our president if we could used bikes! Turns out, in Brasil, no one can use them! Oh well!

 This week Sister Knuth passed the 1 year mark for her mission!! Yay! Irma Dina made her a cake to celebrate! 

Honestly, I have a million things to say and yet no time at all. This week was one great miracle. During my interview with my President last week I think he gave me some advice that I started to apply this week. He told me to stop praying. Of course when he said this I thought, "Huh? Did I understand him correctly? Because you know portugues." But afterwards he explained how I needed to start conversing with my Father. Tell him about my hardships and my joys. Truly express what is in my heart. This was what I really started to do this week, because sometimes it is difficult. Portugues is a new language and I dont know all the rules or words I want to use, but as I try and express these things in every prayer I feel myself growing and growing closer to my Heavenly Father. 

This week we were teaching a lesson with a new investigater Tainá and it was seriously so incredible. Even as my mouth was moving and truly talking in portugues my brain was going, "Woohhhh! I'm talking. I just used estava! Woahhhh! I said what?"

It is incredible. And the more I ask for help, the more I receive. Every day I recognize the Lord's hand in this work. Every day I feel how much He loves me. I am a part of the Fellowship of the Unashamed. Sister Knuth shared this with me the other day. Please view the PDF below. 

Anyways, finally I want to mention one other experience with the Gift of Tongues. The other day our district leader Elder Lopes from Cabo Verde, Africa announced we have to start praying in ingles (not me of course :). He leaves at the next transferencia for home and doesnt know much ingles, but he proceeded to close our meeting with the most heart felt and simple prayer. Since then Sister Knuth has been trying everyday to master Thee, Thy, Thou, and Thine. Everyday I have felt the power of the Lord working miracles with these people and have nearly been drawn to tears every time. This experience is seriously amazing. I know this work is true and this power is real. Again. View the Pdf attached. 

All my love, 
Sister Hemmert

Attached Pdf:
I am a part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit’s power. The dye has been cast, the decision has been made. I have stepped across the line. I am a disciple of His. I will not look back, slow down, back up, or be still. I am done, finished with low living, sight walking, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tame visions, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, promotion, applause, or popularity. I do not have to be right, first, tops, praised, recognized, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk in patience, labor with power. My face is set, my gate is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable, my vision is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, diluted, or delayed. I will no longer hesitate in the presence of my enemies, I will no longer pander in the pool of popularity, I will no longer meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up, let up, shut up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, and preached up for the cause of Christ. I will preach till all know, I will give until I drop, I will labor until He comes, and when He comes for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My banner is clear. I am completely HIS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment