i

i

Monday, June 12, 2017

Who Is Christ For ME?

With little time left I want to share with you a message that I feel is very important.

Ask yourself, "Who is Christ for me? Who is He in my life?" 

Many times as missionaries we ask this same question for the people we teach and many times, all the time, they tell us that He is "tudo." Everything. 

Once, in Mateus 16, Christ ask the apostles what the people thought of Him. 

They responded that the people thought He was John the Baptist or knew of Him as the Son of God and other names.

But then Christ asks these same men, His friends who they thought He was.

If we remember, one of His apostles betrayed Him, one denied Him, and one doubted. Two walked with Him for a while and didn't recognize Him until He broke the bread.

But as read in Mateus, one responded, "You are the Christ, the Son of the Living God."

So who are we and what will we respond. Will we deny Him or doubt Him? Will we be unable to recognize Him when He comes?

My hope and prayer is that when He comes I will know and say, "Tu és o Cristo, o Filho do Deus Vivo." (You are the Christ, the Son of the Living God)

This is why I'm serving. He is why I'm here. He lives. And through Him I will live again. Live better and be better. 

I am here to know my Savior. Not just to know His titles. 


And I invite you this week to think of Him. To remember Him and get to know Him. Because His hand is on the doorknob. He is returning. This I know and wait for with joy. In His Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment