i

i

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Headed to the Temple

Last week I was on exchanges (finally learned how to use the mission language in English! Thank you Sister Lexus Cook!) in Cachoeira e Caçapava do Sul! Wow. It was amazing! I loved it sooo much! The Sisters there are amazing and the areas are super beautiful. When we travel we had to leave our mission, enter the Santa Maria Mission and reenter our mission again! Haha! When I saw the sign stating that we were in Santa Maria I couldn't believe! I'm always on the border! haha 

I want to write a special letter for you all today. Today is a very special day. Today, is a normal day as any other. A Wednesday, 28th of June. But today, after more than a year of waiting I'm headed to the temple in Porto Alegre.

What is a temple you might ask? What do those Mormon's do in their temple. 

Well, I can tell you! The Temple is the House of the Lord here on the earth. In the temple we are the closest that we can be to God because it is in the temple that we make covenants, or promises, with God. Like Baptism, a covenant that everyone needs to return to the Father's presence. But the highest covenant we can do is be sealed to our family forever.

This is God's power. That can be used in His house. And I will be eternally grateful for this knowledge and this chance that I have to live with my family forever.

I had the chance to teach a woman yesterday who hasn't visited the church in more than 10 years. 2 years ago her husband passed away. We had to re-teach everything to her and in the end I bore my testimony of Eternal Families and told her that I would be able to go to temple today. I would be able to visit the one place where families can be joined for time and eternity.

Gratitude is a part of hoping. I thank the Lord everyday for this knowledge and thank Him everyday that my grandparents were taught by missionaries long ago. I think Him for His forethought and His kindness in letting me grow in this church, His church with His gospel, this truth. 

As I teach here in Brasil I feel everyday my gratitude growing. I wonder what I did to deserve such great a blessing. But maybe it doesn't matter what I did or didn't do, but what He knows I can do with His gospel. He knows who I can be with this gospel and the difference I can make in my life and in the lives of others. 

I love you all and will be praying for you all.
Sister Hemmert




No comments:

Post a Comment