i

i

Monday, September 12, 2016

Ask For Less, Be Thankful For More


This week has literally flown by! I honestly have no idea where it went! 

It's official. I have less than one year from this point on! How this time has flown! I can hardly believe it. 

Sister Agurto and I are having a blast here! Its really funny. No one seems to be able to decide who speaks better or worse! Haha Everyone says something different. We're starting to keep count!


This week we started teaching a family that I met the other day in Proselitismo. Regina and her mom, Flavia, and her five children, Calvin(19), Felton(17), Maria Juliandra(15), Maria Eduarda(13) and the baby who is 2 years but for the life of me I can't remember his name! They are seriously so incredible. We're struggling to get our pesquisadores to visit the church but we are really hoping that this family will have an experience spiritual with the scriptures and want to go this next week. Truthfully they already had a great experience that I think was the reason they wanted to listen to our message in the first place because this last year Calvin was headed home from school when a man tried to mug him with a knife, well, he looked left and look right and saw a light from an open door and made a run for it. Turns out that door was the church building of our ward here in Porto Velho. One of the members took Calvin home on his motorcycle afterwards. We're looking into this story to find out which ward member helped him out so that we can have them visit with him. 

How great right? Please keep them in your prayers so that they can receive a response for theirs. 

With 9/11 in mind I want to leave you with something I've been thinking a lot about blessings this week and how we have so much to be grateful for. Unforntunately I dont have much time but I want to leave you all with a reminder to count your many blessings. We have so much we need to ask our Heavenly Father for but we need to remember also that He already knows what we need, what we have asked for, and He will provide. So this week I'm trying something new. Ask for less, be thankful for more. 

One thing I'm so grateful for is that I had the opportunity this week to hear an apostle speak to our mission and answer our questions. It was truly a great experience. Elder Andersen told us that above all our mission is to help these people know Christ and our Heavenly Father. Even if they don't end up entering the church, even if all we do is help them pray, we are doing our part. We are helping know their Father and His Son. This is the work of God. This is His service, and I'm so grateful I get to be a part of it.

All my love,
Sister Hemmert




No comments:

Post a Comment