i

i

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Prepare Yourself

I just want to tell you all that I can't believe that it is already May!! But as an LTS, I'm already planning the month of June so here is me, again, saying, "I cant believe that it's June!!" With everything that we have to do this month its basically June already! 

This week I'm heading to Arroio Grande! It doesnt seem possible! But I'm just going to drop off my companion. She's new to the area and is a new LTS. I'm training again! I love to train but I'm already learning so much with her so maybe she'll be training me! 

Her name is Sister Brandalize. She's from the Rio! And she is one of the funniest people you will ever meet. I'll send pictures next week!

This week Sister Ampuero went to Porto Alegre and is at this moment with her momma! She pass the area this weekend with her mom so that I can meet her! Goodbyes are so sad but we've already planned our #roadtrip2018 She get to know Oregon and I'll get to know Chicago where she is planning on living! So excited!

I'll just let you all know, having our companion end her mission is really hard! the worst part is that I'm now one of the oldest missionaries and basically don't recognize the mission anymore! Everyone that I know are heading home or already at home! But don't you worry. I'm arriving home soon. You'll just have to wait a little bit more and maybe drag me back home because I'm loving it here! haha 

As always, I'm short on time. I think that the Lord is speeding things up. As Sister Brandalize's has been telling me since she arrived here, "The second coming is approaching. Prepare yourself." 

Truly, this phrase, though spoken jokingly, is more true than we can imagine. This is our time to prepare. Today is our chance. 

We had a training meeting this Sunday with the Stake Leaders that was seriously inspired. I loved everything, but the most inspired moment was when the Bishop here told Sister Ampuero that she wouldn't be able to give her last testimony (of the mission) because the stake presidency was here. SAY WHAT?? I know she was just putting on a brave face but she acted like everything was great. I, on the other hand, was praying directly. And when the Stake President stood up I prayed even more, "Please, let the Spirit inspire him to ask Sister Ampuero bare her testimony!! Por favor..."

"..and at this time I would like to pass a few minutes of my talk to the Sister who made such a diference in our stake and is now finishing her mission in our ala, Sister Ampuero."

YESS!!

I was seriously soooo happy. The Lord answers prayers. 

Sister Ampuero explained how she arrived on the mission. Before she left home all of her family and friends went with her to the airport. But because of traffic and so many people and the security when she arrived in the boarding dock the plane had already started to leave. 

The attendent there told her that it was impossible. There was no way, no way that the plane could come back. 

"In that moment I said my first prayer as a missionary in the Lord's service. Praying that the plane would return. I had arrived. I couldn't go back. This was the moment and there was no other," explained Sister Ampuero

As she breathed and opened her eyes the plane attendent was staring at her, wide-eyed and pale, "Do you believe in God?"

"Yes, I believe."

"Well your God is a God of the impossible." He then explained that the plane would be coming back for her. Something that never happened.

"Yes, He is a God of the impossible."

He is our God. He doesn't change with the times or conditions. He doesn't promise without completed. He is our God. He lives. 

Do you believe? 

Because I do. I know. I know Him. and in our path as disciples we learn (because disciple is a word about learning) to be like Him. 


So, since He is our Father who gave His son, who gave His life for us, and they are Gods of the impossible, than we also are "of the impossible" and can do the impossible through them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment